Service Academy Nomination Important Information
The deadline for all applications to be submitted is Friday, October 11th, 2024. Application packets can be mailed or dropped off in-person to our office.
9200 113th Street N
Seminole, FL 33772
Once applications are received, they will be reviewed for possible interviews. Applicants will be emailed to set up an interview. Interviews will be conducted in October and November and candidates will be informed of nomination in December.
For any students interested in learning more about the United States Military Academies, we encourage you to attend Congresswoman Luna’s Academy Night in the fall – which will be early in the fall 2024. Any questions about the Academy Night and application process can be directed to LunaNominations.com
The honor of attending a service academy comes with the obligation and commitment to serve in the military for a minimum of five years upon graduation. Members of Congress may nominate candidates for appointment to four of the five U.S. service academies: U.S. Military Academy (USMA), West Point, NY; the U.S. Naval Academy (USNA), Annapolis, MD; the U.S. Air Force Academy (USAFA), Colorado Springs, CO; and the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy (USMMA), Kings Point, NY. The fifth service academy, the U.S. Coast Guard Academy (USCGA), New London, CT, does not require a congressional nomination for appointment. Congresswoman Luna may nominate up to ten individuals for each vacant academy slot allotted to our district.
- Must be at least 17 and no older than 23 years old
- Must be a United States citizen
- No dependents – no spouse, children, etc.
- Be a legal resident of Floridas’ 13th Congressional District.
- Meet the physical, medical, and academic requirements of the academy
Please print and assemble the following into a packet for submission.
- Official Transcript from current school
- Current College Board SAT or ACT scores
- Which Service Academy you are applying for
- Resume (please include the information below)
- First and last name
- Contact Information
- Current School
- Extracurriculars and Volunteer Work
- Work Experience if any
- Two letters of recommendation
- A 2-3 page essay on why you want to serve and what serving will mean to you.